Crane's Mill, a premier 5 star CCRC, located in West Caldwell,
NJ has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Executive Director!~
Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to
make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Working closely with the VP, Executive Director & Director of
Nursing, this position will oversee the operations of our 60 bed
healthcare center and 48 unit Assisted Living and Memory Support.
Some duties include, but are not all-inclusive;
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures and programs.
Proactively develops and implements new policies and procedures.
- Takes action to control or minimize unnecessary error or risk,
identifies alternatives and makes contingency plans.
- Seeks new technology and implements practical applications.
- Keeps up-to-date with new practices, trends and regulations in the
field by reading technical journals, attending professional meetings
and conferences, etc.
- Allocates and delegates work effectively to make efficient use of
resources and employee capabilities.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to
provide service to the resident. This requires the ability to obtain
and interpret information, to identify age- specific needs, and to
provide service as needed. (Refer to Departmental Competency Checklist.)
- Allocates financial and human resources to achieve goals in the
most cost-effective customer-focused manner.
- Develops and manages budgets for areas of responsibility within
parameters established by finance, identifies and responds to budget variances.
- Manages assets within the employee’s control, including equipment,
supplies, staff and other services requiring expenditures. Seeks
ways to minimize waste and to maximize the value received for expenditures.
- Determines and trains competent staff to implement department
objectives and/or provides resident/client services.
- Maintains a safe environment for residents, clients, employees,
and visitors throughout the organization. Takes immediate action to
correct unsafe conditions (i.e. wipes up spills, moves obstructions,
etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to appropriate person
immediately, removes broken equipment from service. Uses equipment
and supplies in accordance with LSM/NJ’s policies and procedures.