Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s
love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social
Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt,
who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a
diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want
to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community,
located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a
Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Perform duties as assigned within the scope of duties and
responsibilities and as outlined in the Resident Plan of Care
- Observe residents for health related symptoms, report all such
observations to the nursing supervisor and/or licensed nurse.
- Appropriately interact with residents, responsible parties,
family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non
health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and
local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer call bells and pages and emergency response calls in a
timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Assist with residents dining including but not limited to set up,
serving, feeding, and cleanup
- Keep radios/pagers on and in your personal possession at all times
while on duty at all times. Respond and communicate in an immediate
and appropriate manner.
- Document observations and/or tasks completed in the resident file
as outlined in the scope of duties and responsibilities while
maintaining strict resident confidentiality and compliance with HIPPA.
- Document all pertinent medical information in the electronic
medical records (EMR) systems including VISION and RL6 event reporting.
- Assist residents to and from dining areas, social and cultural
events and medical appointments.
- Assist with the development of the resident Plan of Care;
participate in care plan meetings as requested.
- Assist with resident admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and
visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions
(i.e., wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), report broken or
substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, remove broken
equipment from service.
- Explain procedure(s) to residents/clients and inform residents of
delays or changes.
- Maintain resident’s room in a clean and safe manner, abiding by
all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Resolve customer concerns by taking prompt, active steps. Work at
resolution of a problem until the customer is satisfied.
- Serve as resident/client advocate.
- Meets all training requirements including Relias.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practice the safe handling and
disposal of all contaminated supplies, equipment and linens.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility.