Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a "great place to
work" by it's employees!
The Villa, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently
seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant for 7a-3p!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to
make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a
robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, performs hands-on nursing
care for the residents with emphasis on daily care needs, personal
hygiene and cleanliness, grooming and skin care.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Provides direct resident care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Cares for the resident by performing personal care, physical
comfort, safety and activities of daily care.
- Delivers complete AM/PM care to assigned residents including bathing.
- Provides bowel and bladder training.
- Assists residents with meals and feeds residents when appropriate.
Also provides nourishment throughout the shift as needed.
- Records I&O when directed, measures catheter drainage, and
notes residents condition changes reporting to the staff nurse
responsible for that resident.
- Transports residents to meals, activities and special events.
- Assists in the provision of post mortem care.
- Applies and monitors restraints when appropriate at the direction
of the nurse. Takes weights timely and accurately, records as
appropriate and reports to nurse.
- Answers call lights timely and accurately and treats residents in
a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Distributes linens, maintains the unit in a tidy and professional manner.
- Properly labels and stores resident clothing, maintains personal
property for each resident.
- Attends all mandatory inservices participates in staff development
and complies with infection control standards.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by nurse. And alerts
nurse to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance per LSMNJ policy.
- Reports all injuries to nurse, including bruises, abrasions,
rashes or reddened areas.
- Reports to nurse when poor appetite and/or fluid intake are noted.
- Reports any breakage or damage to equipment immediately and
removes broken items from area of use as necessary.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, turning and transferring or
ambulating as directed.
- Completes rounds/resident checks on all assigned residents, every
two hours including checks for wetness and checks for bruising/skin tears.
- Ensures that all residents are kept clean and dry during the shift.
- Ensures that all assigned residents have their call bell within
reach at all times.
- Enters ADL information into the EMR Qshifts.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility