Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to
make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Sterling Village, offering affordable senior housing in Piscataway,
is seeking an Assistant Maintenance Superintendent. This full-time
position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and
generous paid time off.
The Assistant Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for assisting
with the continued and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems
with the facility. Also responsible for electrical, plumbing and
carpentry needs, and ensures proper compliance with state and local codes.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for assisting with the continued and preventative
maintenance of mechanical systems with the facility. Also
responsible for electrical, plumbing and carpentry needs, and
ensures proper compliance with state and local codes.
- Maintains the property grounds, including lawn and other
- Performs necessary tasks to ensure safe and pleasant environment
for residents and staff. For example, clears entrances of ALL UNITS
of ice/snow during inclement weather.
- Responsible for housekeeping tasks, such as trash collection,
recycling materials, and floor maintenance.
- Completes building service requests and work orders in a timely
manner and professional manner.
- Handles emergencies without the need for supervision.
- Accompanies repair persons or staff, when the need arises to enter
a resident's unit. Keeps documentation of each visit.
- Interacts and assists with the inquiries of outside agencies, i.e.
police and fire departments, building inspector and contractors.
- Reports to supervisor & property manager any safety or
- Performs necessary repairs to apartment units and common areas.
Assists with the inspections of apartments after tenants move in
and/or move out.
- Ensures interior and exterior lighting systems are operational.
Replaces bulbs and/or fixtures when necessary.
- Assists with the cleaning and maintenance of roof areas including
gutters, downspouts and drains.
- Communicates and interacts with residents in a professional and
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility.