Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s
love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social
Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt,
who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a
diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want
to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community,
located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a
- Provides a safe and secured environment to the entire facility/complex
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New
Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Patrols the facility and grounds to insure a safe and secure
environment and provides shift security reports.
- Provides security at the reception desk and operates the phone
system as needed.
- Escorts residents and employees to and from the parking lot and facility.
- Unlocks apartment /cottage doors for residents who have locked
- Helps residents with the carrying of packages or boxes to their residence
- Responds to fire alarms and emergency call activations and assists
- Escorts unauthorized individuals from the property.
- Documents incidents and accidents and notifies 911 as needed.
- Meets the police, rescue squad and fire department at the closest
entrance to the incident and escorts them to the scene.
- Replaces light bulbs in common areas within reach.
- Adheres to the set work schedule and makes arraignments for
coverage when unavailable.
- Notifies supervisor of call outs and changes in shift times.
- Makes certain locked doors are locked and secured all the time
- Turns off all non-essential lighting located in the common areas
and mechanical rooms during overnight hours.
- Unlocks the Health Center at the start of the day and locks down
the Health Center after visiting hours are over.
- Responds to internal/external calls, pages to assure a quick
response to emergency situation.
- Notifies maintenance immediately of any emergencies that need to
be addressed or fills out a work order for non-emergency items and
turns them in for review/assignment.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Drives Crane’s Mill bus for on-campus shuttle service when needed.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor to ensure the efficient
operation of the department.