Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to
make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located
in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking CNAs to join our
Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, The CNA performs hands-on
nursing care for the residents with emphasis on daily care needs,
personal hygiene and cleanliness, grooming and skin care.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
Provides direct resident care under the supervision of a licensed
3. Cares for the resident by performing personal care,
physical comfort, safety and activities of daily care.
Delivers complete AM/PM care to assigned residents including
5. Provides bowel and bladder training.
residents with meals and feeds residents when appropriate. Also
provides nourishment throughout the shift as needed.
I&O when directed, measures catheter drainage, and notes residents
condition changes reporting to the staff nurse responsible for that
8. Transports residents to meals, activities and
9. Assists in the provision of post mortem
10. Applies and monitors restraints when appropriate at the
direction of the nurse. Takes weights timely and accurately, records
as appropriate and reports to nurse.
11. Answers call lights
timely and accurately and treats residents in a manner conducive to
their safety and comfort.
12. Distributes linens, maintains the
unit in a tidy and professional manner.
13. Properly labels and
stores resident clothing, maintains personal property for each
14. Attends all mandatory inservices, participates in
staff development and complies with infection control
15. Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by nurse.
And alerts nurse to potential issues or problems.
appropriate attendance per LSMNJ policy.
17. Reports all injuries
to nurse, including bruises, abrasions, rashes or reddened
18. Reports to nurse when poor appetite and/or fluid
intake are noted.
19. Reports any breakage or damage to equipment
immediately and removes broken items from area of use as
20. Assists in positioning, lifting, turning and
transferring or ambulating as directed.
rounds/resident checks on all assigned residents, every two hours
including checks for wetness and checks for bruising/skin
22. Ensures that all residents are kept clean and dry
during the shift.
23. Ensures that all assigned residents have
their call bell within reach at all times.
24. Enters ADL
information into the EMR Qshifts.
25. Completes annual compliance
and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ
Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
26. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures
regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
27. Follows all local, state and
federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and
Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
29. Other duties
as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of