Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We
are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a
difference in the lives of those we serve.
South Plainfield Senior Residence, offering affordable senior housing
in South Plainfield, NJ, is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to
the Property Manager. Daily office work will include keyboarding,
scheduling appointments and phone work and assisting Property Managers
with initial resident applications and recertifications. The
Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining complex
housing files, both database and hard files and other responsibilities
as assigned by the Property Manager. Possess a high level of
proficiency in database management. Possess excellent organizational
skills and is able to maintain a high level of confidentially. All
building & tenant issues must be reviewed & approved by the
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Works under direction of PM, directly with the tenants as related
to certification/re certification. Schedules appointments, gathers
information, and other responsibilities as required.
- Works with Property Manager on correspondence, memos as requested.
- Organizes and maintains complex tenant files.
- Maintain confidentially in all aspects of work.
- Assists in organization of holiday and other seasonal parties.
- Possess the patience and understanding to work with senior citizens.
- Possess ability to work independently in a professional manner.
- Maintains housing management data base, including:
VENDOR PAYMENTS – Non-Recurring Items
VENDOR PAYMENTS – Recurring Items/Contracts
RESIDENT FILE MAINTENANCE
APPLICATIONS FOR RESIDENCE
INITIAL CERTIFICATION/ANNUAL RE-CERTIFICATION
10. General Clerical duties to include: Filing,
Typing, Answering phones, Purchasing Office Supplies
11. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and
exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and
Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance
Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible
13. Follows all local, state and federal
regulations as they pertain to the position.
14. Adheres to
the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and
Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient
operation of the department/facility.