Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Lutheran Social Ministries is excited to grow Spiricare, our newest
in home healthcare program!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as
revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need,
or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified
social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to
make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Provides direct care/services to residents within the scope of
duties, responsibilities and certification under the direction of a
licensed health care professional.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of
New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in
response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New
Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Perform duties as assigned and as outlined in the residents’ Plan
- Observe residents for health related symptoms, immediately report
all such observations to the nursing supervisor.
- Document observations and/or tasks completed on the Ambassador
Aide Service Record Form.
- Assist with the development of the resident Plan of Care;
participate in care plan meetings as requested.
- Accurately complete and submit personal timesheets.
- Appropriately interact with residents, responsible parties,
family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non
health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and
local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and
visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions
(i.e., wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), report broken or
substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, remove broken
equipment from service.
- Maintain resident’s room in a clean and safe manner, abiding by
all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Serve as resident/client advocate.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practice the safe handling and
disposal of all contaminated supplies, equipment and linens.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in
reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility.