Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s
love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social
Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt,
who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and
hospitality, regardless of religious background through a
diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want
to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, a 5 STAR senior care community of LSMNJ, located in
desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurse.
1. Reviews and updates care plans for assigned residents and provides
ongoing communication regarding resident.
2. Delivers direct resident care within scope of practice and
consistently performs all nursing interventions required.
3. Reports emergent information to Unit Manager/Supervisor and
documents all pertinent information with assigned staff.
4. Consistently and willingly assists other team members in providing
care to unassigned residents.
5. Provides nursing care in conformance with established nursing
standards and procedures, provides direct resident care as needed.
6. Initiates and follows through on appropriate interventions in the
event of a cardiopulmonary arrest.
7. Reports all injury or faulty/missing equipment.
8. Administers correct medications to identified resident within one
hour of scheduled time. Reports all medication errors, monitors and
documents adverse reactions to medication.
9. Ensures resident safety, completing all incident reports
immediately in all required situations.
10. Attends all meetings and inservices directed by the DON/Unit
Manager and meets all assigned deadlines.
11. Participates in the implementation of unit changes.
12. Maintains CPR certification and current licenses.
13. Alerts DON to potential issues or problems.
14. Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory
requirements as directed by DON.
15. Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily
or as directed by the DON.
16. Enters all pertinent medication information, medicine treatments,
nursing notes, etc. into the EMR correctly and appropriately.
17. Oversees CNA completion of ADL information in EMR Qshift.
18. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits
behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business
Integrity in the performance of duties.
19. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding
the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting
any possible concerns.
20. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain
to the position.
21. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering
Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
22. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the
efficient operation of the department/facility.