LSMNJ is pleased to announce that our communities are transitioning in-house with therapy services. We are currently seeking qualified, highly motivated therapy staff to help us provide state-of-the-art services to our participants within our new in-clinic therapy setting at Lutheran Senior LIFE!
Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in Jersey City Medical Center, is currently seeking a Physical Therapist!
Assesses, plans, organizes, and administers rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Performs and documents an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
• Plans, prepares, or carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
• Records prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer.
• Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
• Administers manual exercises, massage, or traction to help relieve pain, increase patient strength, or decrease or prevent deformity or crippling.
• Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
• Tests and measures patient's strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory or circulatory efficiency and record data.
• Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
• Confers with the patient, medical practitioners, or other appropriate parties to plan, implement, or assess the intervention program.
• Reviews physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required.
• Complies with professional, ethical, and legal standards.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.