Offering flexibility to be PAID Daily! Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Great opportunity to help those in need, gain healthcare experience and pick up some extra money doing something you love!
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs seeking Companions to help assist with our participants.
Various assignments throughout Hudson County: Jersey City, Hoboken, Union City, West New York, Bayonne, etc.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
To enhance the lives of the participants we service by assisting with instrumental activities of daily living.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to participants homes and run errands.
- Provide overall companionship to the participant.
- Prepare and serve meals and/or snacks.
- Provide grooming and dressing assistance.
- Provide light housekeeping.
- Provide laundry and linen; including washing and folding.
- Escort to shopping and appointments.
- Remind participants of medication needs.
- Report changes in physical condition or behavior.
- Provide recreational activities and events as directed.
- Attend medical appointments with participants including riding on the facility van to accompany participants to-and-from the center