Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
SpiriCare, a home health care division of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, has an opportunity for a Home Care & Hospice RN on a per diem basis!
Under the direction of the Home Care Manager, the RN will provide comprehensive nursing care to our participants in their home. The RN provides professional care to the participant, as indicated by nursing policy, State and Federal laws and regulations. Conducts in-home, admission visits and eligibility determination for the development of the Care Plan. The RN is responsible for implementation of physician orders and plans of care; delivering education to participants, caregivers and family. Assists in supervision of the Home Health Aides.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Assesses participant’s physical and functional and psychosocial, needs, home safety, family caregiver burden, etc utilizing the nursing process, professional knowledge, observations and interviewing skills.
- Completes assessment documents including NJ Choice Level of Care, Home Safety Assessment, Home Care Skilled Nursing Assessment, and other documentation required for appropriate data collection and analysis as part of a quality assessment and performance improvement program.
- Initiates Nursing or Home Health Aides Care Plan and associated paperwork.
- Communicates with primary care physician and clinic staff as needed to coordinate medication, ancillary tests and functions such as home blood draws as needed.
- Evaluates and directs the provision of personal care, nursing rehabilitation tasks and other work of Home Health Aides and participant caregivers in the home.
- Coordinates the medication delivery and administration processes for participants requiring assistance at home.
- Assess and instruct participant and caregiver on applicable disease management and care directed to the individualized needs of each participant under care.
- Documents changes in the participant’s condition and details care provided by completing all required documentation and ensuring compliance to SpiriCare standards and policies.
- Assessing participants in their home (HOME means where the participant resides. This may be a residential or a facility). Travels to participants’ homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the participant as appropriate within the regulations.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Adheres to SpiriCares’ Healthcare’s Safety Policies and Procedures and Universal Precautions.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources and serves as a liaison between the program and other community agencies/services.
- Provides nursing services in accordance with NJ Department of Health and Senior Services requirements and nursing scope of practice and guidelines, agency policies, practices, and procedures.
- Documenting changes of a participant’s condition in the participant’s medical record consistent with documentation policies established in SpiriCare guidelines.
- Maintains flexibility in schedule and responds to unexpected emergencies and changes in workload in order to fulfill responsibilities.
- Complies with infection control and prevention principles and practices established in SpiriCare policies and CDC.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Treats employees, participants, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency and participant related information. Protects client rights as defined in the client Bill of Rights.
- Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Adheres to departmental and agency dress code as outlined in the organization’s policy.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.