Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey has a brand new opening for a Director of Fund Development! This position will work with our corporate team in Burlington, NJ.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Director of Development is a newly designed position to enhance and strengthen the fundraising success of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey’s philanthropic effort. This position will help to maintain and expand the growth and sustainability of LSMNJ. The Director of Development is responsible for assisting with all fundraising initiatives and other activities relating to fund development. Identifies and cultivates new prospects, for annual, major gift and special events. Develops and maintains program for annual giving.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to service those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need or who have limited choices.
2. Participate as a member of the Fund Development team and the overall LSMNJ team.
3. Collaborate with the Fund Development team in the following areas:
a. Annual giving, major and planned gifts;
b. Annual fundraising events;
c. Special fundraising campaigns;
d. Government, foundation, and corporate grants and sponsorships;
4. Proactively identify individuals, foundations, corporate and government grant opportunities.
5. Cultivate and solicit individuals, foundations and corporations
6. Maintain individual relationships through proper stewardship
7. Develop and maintain a program of annual giving through appeals.
8. Apply and submit grant applications
9. Responsible for revenue and attendance of fundraising events
10. Maintain donor files and documentation of activity
11. Attend occasional networking and chamber of commerce meetings
12. Displays a strong knowledge of agency services and programs to internal and external constituencies.
13. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
14. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
15. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
16. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
17. A mandatory flu shot is required.
18. Clean driving record
19. Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.