Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LSMNJ is seeking a full-time Property Manager. The incumbent for this position will manage three properties:
- Lutheran Senior Residence, an affordable senior housing program (total 70 units) located in Pennsauken;
- Roosevelt Solar Village, an affordable senior housing program (total 20 units) located in Roosevelt, NJ; and
- West Hanover, an affordable housing program (total 17 units) located in Trenton, NJ.
This full-time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis as requested.
- Reviews and assists in preparation of annual budgets, income projections and capital budgets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures occupancy levels and the property operates within the approved budget.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted in a timely manner in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports and prepare for monthly meetings.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reserve reimbursement request for respective allocating agency, with Executive Director approval.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software System accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.)
- Perform routine housekeeping and maintenance inspections as directed
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities
- Prepare necessary documentation for any 3rd party inspection for review by Executive Director, Housing
- Conduct staff meetings at least monthly and review property and corporate policies and procedures
- Ensure all requests made by Management Team are met in accordance with deadlines set
4. Resident Relations
- Ability to handle resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management
- Must be able to demonstrate a level of customer service in accordance with company’s mission
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.)
- Consistently implement policies of the community
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures.
5. Personnel Management
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.)
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation with Executive Director of Housing and Human Resources, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Ability to identify personnel deficiencies and prepare necessary disciplinary action form in a timely manner to be reviewed by Executive Director, Housing and Human Resources prior to review of personnel.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked regularly and communicate any service related needs to maintenance
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Assures adherence to specification (contractual; operations manual).
- Conducts formal site inspection of building interior and exterior in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
6. Marketing and Leasing
- Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparables.
- Periodically reviews rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies.
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.