High school diploma or equivalent.
Skill(s): Skills and Knowledge:
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and schedules.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to give clear and concise directions to hospice staff
- Ability to make independent decisions and prioritize to meet the needs of the clients.
- One years of experience in working with the frail or elderly is required.
- Experience or training in health care delivery, in home health/hospice is preferred.
- One year or more of scheduling and/or dispatching experience is preferred.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Scheduler for Hospice Services will be responsible for the coordination and scheduling of CHHA/Nursing services for all Journey Hospice clients.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices
- Schedules CHHA/Nursing staff appropriately to meet patient needs.
- Prepares schedules according to client needs and within the plan of care designed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Communicates staffing needs and ability to meet patient needs with Executive Director and DON.
- Coordinates staff logistically within the service areas to optimize the care provided with minimal distance to cover.
- Notifies patients/families of changes in their care schedules.
- Prepares and maintains daily, weekly, and/or monthly service schedules, logs, ledgers, tickler systems and other records that ensure accurate data collection of hospice services.
- Communicates clearly with clients, staff and supervisor directly and in meetings.
- When authorized, communicates with outside agencies and independent contractors regarding services rendered on behalf of Journey Hospice.
- Attends Intake and Assessment meetings if requested by Interdisciplinary Team or supervisor.
- Provides backup for the ordering and distribution of supplies for the patients.
- Provides backup for the ordering of office supplies for the hospice department
- Reports pertinent client events or missed client service visits to the Executive Director.
- Follows all Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Practices Universal precautions and follows appropriate Infection Control procedures.
- Participates in continuing education classes as assigned and any required staff and training meetings.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Adheres to departmental and agency dress code outlined in the organization’s policy.
- Review and approve timesheets for Home Health Aide.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.