Sterling Village, offering affordable senior housing, located in Piscataway, is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Property Manager. Daily office work will include keyboarding, scheduling appointments and phone work and assisting Property Managers with initial resident applications and recertifications. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining complex housing files, both database and hard files and other responsibilities as assigned by the Property Manager. Possess a high level of proficiency in database management. Possess excellent organizational skills and is able to maintain a high level of confidentially. All building & tenant issues must be reviewed & approved by the Property Manager.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
2. Works under direction of PM, directly with the tenants as related to certification/ recertification. Schedules appointments, gathers information, and other responsibilities
3. Works with Property Manager on correspondence, memos as requested.
4. Organizes and maintains complex tenant files.
6. Maintain confidentially in all aspects of work.
7. Assists in organization of holiday and other seasonal parties.
9. Possess the patience and understanding to work with senior citizens.
10. Possess ability to work independently in a professional manner
11. Maintains housing management data base, including
- RENT COLLECTION
- Receive rent
- Post rent in OneSite
- Create bank deposit - and deposit through TD Bank system
- Create Bank Deposit log OneSite - check for accuracy against bank deposit slips
- Attach copied checks to copy of Bank Deposit log / and OneSite log and file in binder
- Run Tenant Accounts Receivable report on 6th of each month and give to Manager
NOTE: Daily deposits are to be made between the 1st and the 5th of the month. Thereafter, deposits are to be made when collections are greater than $500 or each Friday, whichever occurs 1st.
- VENDOR PAYMENTS - Non-Recurring Items
- Receive completed purchase orders from maintenance
- Verify amount on purchase order with invoice - make and note any changes in amount
- Submit to manager for approval
- Upon approval, enter in Erequestor for payment and follow routing approval
- When final approval is received through Erequestor, process payment so check is issued by accounting.
- VENDOR PAYMENTS - Recurring Items/Contracts
- Receive invoice
- Submit invoice, process through Erequestor for payment and follow routing approval
- When final approval is received through E requestor, process payment so check is issued by accounting.
- RESIDENT FILES
- Maintain resident files
- Purge resident files upon managers’ request
- APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCE
- Distribute applications for residence
- Assist applicants in filling out application
- Receive applications for residence and review for accuracy
- Log applications in appropriate waiting list
- Deliver logged applications to manager for approval
- Note manager approval/denial in waiting list
- File applications alphabetically
- INITIAL CERTIFICATION/ANNUAL RE-CERTIFICATION
- Distribute to letters generated for annual Recertification Notices to residents
- Advise Property Manager when we have had no response by the 30 day notice.
- If Administrative Assistant has a COS, interview and process annual recertification’s. Checking with Property Manager if there are any unusual circumstances.
- Mail, fax or email as appropriate verification letters
- Receive completed verifications and enter into OneSite Data base. Process files when all verifications have been returned.
- Return resident file to file drawer when a/r is completed.
- WORK ORDERS
- Enter Work Orders in One Site System
- Prioritize Work Orders for Maintenance Superintendent as necessary
- Advise Property Manager if there are ,
- Enter completed Work Order information in One Site System
- RESIDENT RELATIONS
- Assist residents as necessary, with respect and compassion
- Advise manager of resident conflicts/concerns
- Resolve resident conflicts with managers help
- CLERICAL DUTIES
- Answering phones
- Purchasing of Office Supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.