Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane's Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a part-time Unit Clerk. This position is for Saturday and Sunday with flexible hours.
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
Responsible for the filing of all medical reports, updates, physician’s orders, x-ray results, and pertinent resident information within the resident’s file or uploading same in electronic medical record (EMR) database in a timely manner while adhering to strict resident confidentiality.
Prepare appropriate admission charts and related accessories and forms for new residents.
Answer the telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assemble new resident files, systematically thins and maintains current resident files and enters all appropriate resident information in a timely manner. Audit files for accuracy, as so indicated.
6. Monitor resident call system and resident safety bracelet alert system; alerts appropriate staff to respond.
7. Assist with the coordination of resident transportation, as so directed.
8. Record appropriate resident information within the resident file, as so directed and within the guidelines of all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
9. Assist as needed and act as backup to the Nursing Administrative Specialist.
10. Assist residents and visitors with directions and/or information, as so indicated
11. Appropriately interacts with residents, family, friends, physicians, health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
12. Follow established policies and procedures.
13. Assure that work area is clean and equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving such area.
14. Maintain a safe environment for residents, clients, employees, and visitors throughout the organization. Takes immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e. wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to appropriate person immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
15. Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
16. Demonstrate efficient use of time.
17. Practice Standard Precautions; practices safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
18. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
19. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
20. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
21. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
22. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.