Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager!~
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The ideal candidate will act as an employee champion and a leader of change. You will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, employee career development, retention programs, training and leadership development
- Strategizes for sourcing candidates, recruits, screens, and interviews applicants for open positions. Conducts pre-employment reference checks, criminal background investigations,and professional licensure verification and coordinates pre-employement drug testing.
- Prepares job requisitions in ATS for open positions. Ensures jobs are posted internally and within facility guidelines.
- Facilitates and coordinates new hire onboarding with employees and management, ensuring compliance with pre-hire and post-hire paperwork.
- Is knowledgeable and manages HRIS, ATS and other HR Technology proficiently and ensures employee status’ are up to date and open positions are current.
- Prepares and maintains reports, both required and discretionary, for internal agency use, and government agencies and professional associations.
- Coordinates with terminating employees on final payroll payments/benefits information, and exit questionnaires.
- Attends and participates in training courses pertinent to HR and Leadership, as required.
- Creates an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base.
- Stays up to date and ensures consistent application of agency policies and procedures and conformance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes governing the employer/employee relationship.
- Educates, maintains and administers all employee benefit programs and ensure timeliness for benefit changes/adjustments.
- Tracks and develops ways to reduce turnover and increase retention. Coordinates bench strength process and the internal transfer/promotions of existing staff.
- Consults and collaborates with management regarding employee relations, union relations (as applicable), compensation, disciplines, and terminations, wage and hour issues, child labor law issues.
- Management of the workers’ compensation program; ensure submission of claims and appropriate follow up; maintains records; serves as liaison to workers’ compensation carrier. Maintain OSHA compliance records as it relates ot on the job injury.
- Maintains records of professional licenses/certification. Generates monthly licensure report to be sent to respective departments. Updates any expired license/certification in the HRIS systems and files a copy in the employee file.
- Generates lists for 90 day probationary and all performance reviews monthly. Record each review as they are submitted into HRIS and file in employee’s file.
- Manages the unemployment proves, disability forms and other employee verification documents.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in human resources or management
- 7+ years' of professional HR experience, ideally from a healthcare entity,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.