Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Luther Haven, a community outreach program located in Asbury Park, is seeking a Security Guard. This full-time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Provide visual deterrent in housing community. Maintain written log of shift occurences, answer phones, take messages and maintenance requests (when applicable). Monitor security equipment (Fire alarm, emergency call video monitors- when applicable) and make interior and exterior rounds of community throughout shift. Maintain weekly log of interior/exterior rounds. Report emergencies to appropriate personnel.
Duties include the following:
- Maintain daily log with hourly notations
- Ensure visitors sign in and leave picture identification
- Assist residents with maintenance concerns; complete work orders and give to maintenance department
- Contact appropriate individuals for emergencies
- Contact Property Manager for any police or ambulance involvement with property
- Observe and report all incidents. Complete incident report and deliver to Property Manager
- Assist governmental agencies (fire, police) as needed
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent
Skill(s): Reading, writing, telephone operation, fire alarm systems, emergency call systems, ability to work with general public
Experience: 1 or more years of related security, civil or military / law enforcement experience.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.