Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey has a new opportunity for a Senior Vice President of Healthcare Services!
This position will be part of the senior management team at LSMNJ.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Sr. VP will oversee 3 senior care communities offering various levels of care and one PACE program. The position will be based in Burlington, NJ but requires 50% travel to our healthcare centers.
The Sr. VP, Healthcare Services will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people resources in place to effectively live up to the LSMNJ mission and strategic direction.
This role supports and enhances the mission of LSMNJ across its diverse programs.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Supervises and directs the Executive Directors of Crane’s Mill, Lutheran Crossings for Enhanced Living and the Life program.
- Sets direction, clarifies expectations and gains commitment of Executive Directors to lead in line with mission, values and strategies.
- Assesses the need for changes and initiates when appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Executive Directors to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and employees designed to meet the objectives of the organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team; provide mentoring on an on-going basis.
- Is a member of the executive staff, attending and participating in executive meetings, discussions and decisions.
- Contributes to the evaluation and development of overall operational strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team.
- Provides strategic leadership and supervision for the operational functions of the organization, providing guidance and direction to achieve corporate needs and strategies.
- Attends Board meetings as requested by the President and CEO.
- Works in conjunction with the Community Executive Directors to develop and prepare budgets.
- Collaborates with all departments to create systems to resolve issues that impact departmental and/or organizational goals and/or participant/resident care delivery.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of all regulatory requirements as applicable to Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Independent Living.
- Promotes safe work practices and constructively works to improve conditions that may affect the health and safety of LSM/NJ employees.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and governing agency requirements; formulates and directs the implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Provides reports as requested by the President and CEO.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to the President and CEO for consideration.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: BS/BA Degree in Healthcare Administration or equivalent. MHA degree preferred. NJ LNHA required.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership within a long-term care organization.
- A passion for LSM/NJ’s mission and the ability to inspire that passion both internally and externally.
- A "quick study" who can rapidly learn a highly complex, ever evolving business and just as rapidly provide value.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Ability to provide strong leadership for the Operations of the organization that is in alignment with the Mission Statement and Strategic directions of LSM/NJ.
- Strong knowledge of corporate compliance and goals.
- Ability to build trust, motivate and effectively advocate.
- A team player that can develop productive and positive working relationships with all levels of the organization and externally, with a wide-variety of constituents.
- Cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity and competence.
- A communication style that influences while fostering openness and inclusion, is sensitive to others responses, and is ready to be flexible in approach.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.