Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently hiring for a newly created position of Clinical Informatics Specialist! This position will be based with our corporate team in Burlington, NJ.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist will be responsible for supporting the electronic medical records systems used by LSMNJ. This support will include end-user training, workflow improvement and functionality gap analysis, content development, system configuration and quality reporting. The position will be based in Burlington, NJ but requires 50% travel to our healthcare centers.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Lead application implementation and system customization, including the development of content, interfaces and reports.
- Develop and document clinical application workflows and help enforce adherence across LSMNJ locations of care.
- Provide technical support, diagnosis of application errors and troubleshooting with system issues.
- Design and implement an organization-wide EMR education and training program.
- Create and spearhead the clinical applications group - work with physicians, nurses and staff to evaluate current EMR functionality and develop future functionality and workflow by building consensus and using efficient decision-making processes.
- Recommend innovative ideas, processes and/or procedures for enhancements, additions and modifications to improve existing systems.
- Assist with the configuration and setup of functionality within the clinical systems.
- Provide support for vendor upgrades including testing, documentation and training.
- Develop/modify new and existing forms within the EMRs.
- Research patient data across multiple applications to resolve discrepancies and/or improve workflow.
- Serves as a resource person for daily operational issue within the EMR.
- Monitor and report quality data as related to the EMR and clinical software applications.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare and/or Information Systems required. Knowledge of Netsmart Vision software platform preferred by not required.
Skill(s): Understanding of medical terminology and workflows required.
Excellent oral and verbal communication. Confidential.
Self-assured; Self-motivated; Works quickly.
Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
- 3-5 years of experience as a clinical informaticst or clinical applications analyst required
- 3-5 years of experience working in long-term care (Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing) preferred
- Additional experience with Hospice and Home Care considered desirable
- Experience with Ambulatory, Hospice or Home Health applications in lieu of long-term care application experience will also be considered.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer