The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Human Resources Coordinator maintains knowledge and ensures compliance with
employment-related laws and regulations. Provides leadership in effective conflict
resolution for all employees, and serves as a resource for all team members by being
available and accessible to discuss all human resources related issues.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Strategizes for sourcing candidates, recruits, screens, and interviews applicants for open positions. Conducts pre-employment reference checks, criminal background investigations,and professional licensure verification and coordinates pre-employement drug testing.
- Prepares job requisitions in ATS for open positions. Ensures jobs are posted internally and within facility guidelines.
- Facilitates and coordinates new hire onboarding with employees and management, ensuring compliance with pre-hire and post-hire paperwork.
- Is knowledgeable and manages HRIS, ATS and other HR Technology proficiently and ensures employee status’ are up to date and open positions are current.
- Prepares and maintains reports, both required and discretionary, for internal agency
use, and government agencies and professional associations.
- Coordinates with terminating employees on final payroll payments/benefits information, and exit questionnaires.
- Attends and participates in training courses pertinent to HR and Leadership, as required.
- Creates an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base.
- 10. Stays up to date and ensures consistent application of agency policies and procedures and conformance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes governing the employer/employee relationship.
- Educates, maintains and administers all employee benefit programs and ensure timeliness for benefit changes/adjustments.
- Tracks and develops ways to reduce turnover and increase retention. Coordinates bench strength process and the internal transfer/promotions of existing staff.
- Consults and collaborates with management regarding employee relations, union relations (as applicable), compensation, disciplines, and terminations, wage and hour issues, child labor law issues.
- Management of the workers’ compensation program; ensure submission of claims and appropriate follow up; maintains records; serves as liaison to workers’ compensation carrier. Maintain OSHA compliance records as it relates ot on the job injury.
- Maintains records of professional licenses/certification. Generates monthly licensure report to be sent to respective departments. Updates any expired license/certification in the HRIS systems and files a copy in the employee file.
- Generates lists for 90 day probationary and all performance reviews monthly. Record each review as they are submitted into HRIS and file in employee’s file.
- Manages the unemployment proves, disability forms and other employee verification documents.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelor of Science preferred or HS Diploma/Associate Degree with a minimum of 5 years applicable HR experience.
Skill(s): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
Experience: Minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience, HRIS Management
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.