Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Senior Residence, a 70-unit affordable senior residence program located in Pennsauken, NJ is seeking a full-time temporary Maintenance Superintendent. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for the continued/preventative maintenance of all mechanical operations of the assigned property.This includes HVAC system, electrical, plumbing and curb appeal. Under the direction of the Property Manager the Compliance with local/state/applicable codes. And Supervision training of maintenance technicians.
DURATION FOR THIS POSITION IS APPROXIMATELY 3+ MONTHS.
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Handles emergencies without supervision
- Completes paperwork
- Follows through with building services requests
- Interacts with outside agencies, police, fire dept, building inspectors and contractors.
- Communicates effectively with Residents
- Arranges and insures that all housekeeping tasks are completed(including the pickup of garbage and recycle ,mopping and sweeping of hallways and stairways,etc.
- Operates and maintains boilers, pumps, valves, gauges, and related equipment continuously checks all mechanical devices and controls to insure the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to apartments and common areas requested in work orders issued by manager.Inspects apartments after tenant move in move out.
- Maintains the grounds in a safe and clean condition /Maintains security of building and premises.
- Maintains written work schedule for the staff,keeping a written general inventory of maintenance and janitorial supplies,having the necessary licenses displayed when indicated
- Maintains door and utility keys inventory maintains inventory of equipment and supplies obtains bids for contracted services as necessary for appropriate services
- Clears snow and removes ice from sidewalk
- Checks cleans and maintain roof areas including drains and gutters
- Accompanies workman or repairman or others who must enter tenants apartment keeping a written record of the event.
- Checks lighting systems and lamps in the building and around the exterior areas of building and replace lights when necessary.
- Assumes custodian duties when required
- Supervises the mowing of lawns maintenance of flower beds and ice and snow removal.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent
Skill(s): Reading, writing, analyzing, purchasing, contract negotiation, supervision, Word, Excel, Access & any systems established by LSMNJ
Experience: 5 years experience as a maintenance technician or 2 years experience as a maintenance superintendent or supervisor
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer