The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a dynamic Sales & Marketing Director to help grow our census!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Director, Sales & Marketing is a direct report to the Executive Director and is responsible for the daily operations of the Marketing Department. Maintains professional, community, and other contacts to facilitate Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing census needs. Planning and implementation of strategic marketing to increase public awareness of The Villa and attract and engage prospective patients/residents. Maintains a resident census base of an occupancy and payor mix aligned with the approved annual budget and directive of the Executive Director.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Encourages, participates, and actively contributes to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of competitor services, costs, and marketing techniques across the senior healthcare industry and local geographic area.
- Employs natural affinity for salesmanship and demonstrates the ability to successfully complete the sales process.
- Utilizes CRM or other systems to manage leads, target qualified prospects, and advance them through admissions process.
- Monitors response to various marketing tools/campaigns/messages for the purpose of evaluating their success and ROI
- Coordinates and managing daily sales activities, processes and procedures that drive sales to reach established goals.
- Recognizes the need for excellent internal and external customer service, actively engages in same, and partners with others in the community to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Engages and effectively communicates promptly and professionally in response to referral inquires for the purpose of securing potential admissions.
- Secures approvals for services of Managed Care patients ensuring that the highest level of appropriate services is obtained.
- Performs assessment of potential admissions to ensure determination of appropriate level of care for admission.
- Ensures prospects are provided consistent/informational tours delivered by members of the marketing department or other community staff trained to knowledgeably conduct tours.
- Completes determination of cost vs. care for all potential admissions, taking into account financial assets and other criteria and terms identified by The Villa.
- Maintains high level of professionalism when interacting with residents, staff, healthcare and other professionals outside of The Villa, the community, and potential admissions.
- Develops strategic sales and marketing plans for Executive Director approval.
- Actively markets and maintains a strong marketing presence outside of the facility; through mediums such as senior healthcare expos, outreach to local senior centers, chambers of commerce, and senior living communities, churches, libraries, etc. to generate awareness of The Villa and market services offered.
- Develop and maintain referral sources from hospitals, physicians, and community.
- Communicates with the Executive Director re potential financial or clinical concerns with admissions prospects and seeks authorization to admit.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information and all information pertaining to The Villa.
- Demonstrates professional growth by acquiring new skills, advance education and/or specialty certifications.
- Develops and manages annual marketing budget line to submit to Executive Director and finance and budgets within parameters established by finance. Tracks expenses as part of budget management.
- Completes timely, factual, and concise reports as directed by the Executive Director.
- Attends all meetings, in-services, or programs as directed by the Executive Director.
- Insures proper payment source has been determined prior to admission and follows through to ensure financial criteria is met.
- Maintains current knowledge and effectively communicates all service capabilities within the facility.
- Supports and maintains consistent and accurate brand and identity for facility as part of LSMNJ.
- Establish a strong marketing presence in targeted hospitals.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the HIPAA & Compliance Programs of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
Skill(s): Computer competency, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to close sales, effective management skills, multi-tasking skills, works independently and as part of a team, demonstrates a comfort level interacting with elderly and individuals with disabilities.
Experience: Three years Admissions/Sales / Marketing experience in a healthcare setting. Prior experience in Case Management with knowledge of reimbursement criteria preferred.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.