The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Full-Time RN for our Assisted Living as we grow expand our community!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time, flexible daytime hours, offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Supervises all licensed professionals and certified nursing/medication assistants within the Assisted Living Facility in the performance of their daily assigned duties.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
2. Directly supervises Assisted Living Unit staff within the Assisted Living Unit during the performance of their duties.
3. Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
4. Responsible for or assists staff with admissions, transfers and emergencies within the continuum of care.
5. Perform or assists with resident assessments upon admission, following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties.
6. Document all significant reported/observed medically related events or incidents within the resident’s file as outlined by all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
7. Relay pertinent information to all appropriate staff, physicians, responsible parties, licensing agencies as well as any other lawful authority as indicated by scope of event or incident as it relays to insuring the safety and well being of each residents.
8. Assist with the completion of the resident’s Plan of Care and MDS 2.0 especially in the absence of the MDS Coordinator.
9. Assist residents with activities of daily living, health related and psychosocial needs, serves as a health educator per resident need and/or request.
10. Insure appropriate number of staff is available for each shift in the event of a call-in or “no show”.
11. Analyze nursing staff performance ie. Completion of mandatory assessments, falls, B & B, pain, etc.
12. Participate in evaluating potential residents for skilled and assisted by reviewing medical records assessments, interviews, as well as possible hospital visits.
13. Assume responsibility as Skilled Nursing Unit supervisor in the absence of the Skilled Nursing Unit Manager.
14. Assist with emergencies within the continuum of care in the IAU and SNU.
15. Assist nursing department when call outs result in short staffing by assuming responsibilities of a charge nurse, ie. Dispensing resident medications.
16. Practice Universal Precautions; practice safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance
17. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: High School Diploma/GED required; Diploma/Bachelors degree in Nursing required; Masters Degree in Nursing preferred; NJ Nursing License required; CPR required.
Skill(s): Active listening and visual skills; Excellent verbal and written communication; Time management.
Experience: Two to three years experience as a Registered nurse; Two to three years experience working in Assisted Living.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.