The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a full-time 3p-11p Certified Nursing Assistant!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
The C NA:
- Provides direct resident care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Cares for the resident by performing personal care, physical comfort, safety and activities of daily care.
- Delivers complete AM/PM care to assigned residents including bathing.
- Provides bowel and bladder training.
- Assists residents with meals and feeds residents when appropriate. Also provides nourishment throughout the shift as needed.
- Records I&O when directed, measures catheter drainage, and notes residents condition changes reporting to the staff nurse responsible for that resident.
- Transports residents to meals, activities and special events.
- Assists in the provision of post mortem care.
- Applies and monitors restraints when appropriate at the direction of the nurse. Takes weights timely and accurately, records as appropriate and reports to nurse.
- Answers call lights timely and accurately and treats residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Distributes linens, maintains the unit in a tidy and professional manner.
- Properly labels and stores resident clothing, maintains personal property for each resident.
- Attends all mandatory inservices participates in staff development and complies with infection control standards.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by nurse. And alerts nurse to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance per LSMNJ policy.
- Reports all injuries to nurse, including bruises, abrasions, rashes or reddened areas.
- Reports to nurse when poor appetite and/or fluid intake are noted.
- Reports any breakage or damage to equipment immediately and removes broken items from area of use as necessary.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, turning and transferring or ambulating as directed.
- Completes rounds/resident checks on all assigned residents, every two hours including checks for wetness and checks for bruising/skin tears.
- Ensures that all residents are kept clean and dry during the shift.
- Ensures that all assigned residents have their call bell within reach at all times.
- Enters ADL information into the EMR Qshifts.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility
Education/Training/Certifications: High School diploma/GED is required. Successful completion of a state approved C.N.A. program. Possess an active C.N.A. certification.
Skill(s): Effective listening and communication skills required. Basic computer skills.
Experience: Previous experience working with the elderly population.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.