Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Pennsauken Senior Residence, an affordable senior housing program, is seeking a per diem Maintenance Helper. This position, utilized on an "as needed" basis, offers flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
General Responsibilities : Responsible for preparation of units between tenant move-out and move-in
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with unit turnover preparation.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with: painting, vacuuming, cleaning and completing minor repairs.
- Responds to maintenance requests from the tenants as delegated by Property Manager.
- Maintains the grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness including mowing of the lawn and snow removal from around the building.
- Checks lighting systems in the building and around the exterior areas of building and replaces bulbs when necessary.
- Checks smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector and replaces when necessary.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Skill(s): Reading, Writing, Painting, Buffing, Cleaning, Shampooing carpet, and minor repairs.
Experience: 1 year experience as a maintenance helper.