The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking Certified Medication Aides (all shifts available)!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Under the supervision of the Resident Service Director or a licensed nurse, the CMA administers medications as prescribed by the resident’s physician and completes all required documentation applicable to the facility policies, State and Federal regulations. Performs hands-on nursing care to residents with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene and cleanliness, grooming and skin care.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Assists residents with medications including medication administration and treatments under the direction of the RSD.
- Observes records and reports to the Resident Service Director symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Provides and promotes resident’s rights during the administration of medications. PRN medications only given with proper authority from the Registered Nurse.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures and applicable State/Federal regulations.
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are received in the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by facility policy and procedures and State/Federal regulations. Promptly gets medications refilled and follows up with pharmacy on early refills.
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues immediately to the LPN, RSD or administrator for correction or repair.
- Checks all vital signs as needed, including blood pressure, records and reports to LPN/RSD as needed.
- Records and reports resident weights and temperatures as needed.
- Delivers complete AM/PM care to assigned residents, including bath.
- Reports any accidents, injuries, bruises, abrasions, rashes, redden areas, poor appetite/fluid intake, and changes in resident’s status to LPN/RSD or administrator.
- Responds to emergency calls and call bells to assist nurse and/or resident.
- Delivers appropriate supplies and equipment to residents as needed.
- Transports and transfers residents as needed or directed.
- Performs light housekeeping to include cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, trash removal, of resident rooms, bathrooms and dining rooms.
- Assist and encourage residents to participate in activities and conduct activities as needed or directed.
- Assists residents with dining services such as meal preparation, dining room set-up, serving, clearing and providing the residents with assistance during meals.
- Follows universal precautions, established fire procedures, and Residents Rights.
- Adheres to all LSMNJ / Assisted Living policies and procedures.
- Attends all mandatory in-services on an annual basis or as directed.
- Completes mandatory continuing education hours to ensure uninterupted licensure and certifications needed for job qualifictions.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: High School Diploma/GED is required; NJ Certified Medication Aide Certification required.
Skill(s): Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language with proficiency. Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Experience: Prefer at least one year of health care related experience with LTC Assisted Living or Home Health agency environment.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.