Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey has a NEW opportunity for an Infection Control & Clinical Service Specialist to work with our corporate team serving Egg Harbor Township and other areas in New Jersey....Must have hospice experience.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
The Infection Control and Clinical Services Specialist, assist overseeing the Infection Control Programs in the organization of our Post-Acute Environments (ALF,SNF, PACE). In addition, the position works with the Executive Director, Quality Assurance & Clinical Service to support the clinical operations of the organization.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Oversee the infection control/ ABT Stewardship Programs in post-acute environments to meet regulatory requirements. This includes routine infection control rounds in each community along with education oversight pertaining to infection control. In addition, the position will co-chair Infection Control Communities in all SNF locations.
- Coordinate internal audits and corrective action plans with required administrative staff.
- Stay abreast of new developments (e.g. HPMS, other), report to Executive Director of Quality & Clinical Services and recommend changes in policies, procedures, forms as appropriate.
- Maintain documentation of staff development and in-service training in compliance with standards and regulatory requirements.
- Works with LSMNJ Team to provide routine Mock Surveys for the organizations post-acute environments.
- Participate in formulation and maintenance of clinical and infection control policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Participate as a fully contributing member of the management team, participating in meetings, contributing to strategic plan, supporting the decisions of the management team.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Assist in special projects to enhance to overall quality of our residents and participants in our communities.
- Assist communities in organizing and maintaining clinical education to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist communities in educating staff on how to successfully utilize Electronic Medical Records.
- Oversee the educational requirements for clinical staff to meet state and federal requirements.
- Assist in completing Mock Surveys throughout the organization.
- Assist in the orientation process of key clinical staff in the SNF, AL, and Pace communities.
- Have a working knowledge of palliative and hospice services in the post-acute environment.
- Experience with hospice assessment tools and requirements for quality initiatives.
- Have a working knowledge of homecare services.
- Have working knowledge of MDS 3.0 and assist in the completion of MDS in the absence of an MDS coordinator.
- Work with ED of Quality and Clinical Service to provide Director of Nursing (DON) coverage if or when a vacant DON position is available.
- Assist in auditing resident and participant EMRs as needed.
- Assist in completing clinical reports as need for the organization.Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- RN License - New Jersey or Minimum of Bachelors Degree. Five (5) years of relevant experience in health related field.
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Knowledge of quality management techniques and methods that measure and improve services.
- Knowledge of compliance and privacy laws and regulations that effect health care systems.
- Ability to coordinate and effectively lead groups.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and multi-ethnic community.
- Good educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, extremely well organized and able to plan and problem solve
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of OBRA and MDS 3.0 regulations and their related electronic filing systems.
Minimum of 3 years working with the frail or elderly, 2 years in a long-term care facility preferred. Minimum 1 year working within a hospice setting.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.