Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Nursing!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
* Directly and indirectly supervises all licensed and non-licensed health care professional staff within the Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Memory Support Unit, and Independent Living facilities to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies while maintaining the highest degrees of quality care and services.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
2. Recognize the need for excellent internal and external customer service and actively engages in the same. Promote same within organization and the department.
3. Resolve customer concerns by taking prompt, active steps. Work at resolution of a problem until the customer is satisfied.
4. Serve as resident/client advocate.
5. Train competent staff to implement department objectives and/or provide resident/client services.
6. Develop and manage budgets for the nursing department and areas of responsibility within parameters established by finance, identify and respond to the budget variances.
7. Manage assets within the employee’s control, including equipment, supplies, staff and other services requiring expenditures.
8. Maintain a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e., wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), report broken or substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, remove broken equipment from service.
9. Utilize effective interpersonal skills with regard to communication.
10. Effectively manage staff performance.
11. Insure that initial orientation/competency skills checklists and ongoing mandatory education records are complete.
12. Complete performance evaluations, departmental orientation and competency assessments by the due date.
13. Insure compliance with all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies while directly and/or indirectly supervising all licensed and non-licensed health care professionals within the Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, and Memory Support Units.
14. Develop staffing models in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
15. Proactively develop, update and implement all nursing policies and procedures and job descriptions in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
16. Appropriately interact with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors, Federal, State and local regulatory agencies, media.
17. Assist in the recruitment, orientation and retention of qualified licensed and non-licensed health care professional staff.
18. Actively participate in the survey process by Federal, State and local regulatory agencies, reviews completed surveys and develop a plan of correction with the assistance of all appropriate staff, as so indicated by survey findings.
19. Act as a positive role model and mentor for staff.
20. Communicate all potential and active areas of deficient practice with supervisor and actively participate with the solution.
21. Communicate with all staff on a routine basis.
22. Review and analyze staff’s completion of required functions to provide quality of care and meet regulatory requirements.
23. Actively participate in the Quality Assurance and Assessment process.
24. Complies with organizational policies, procedures and programs. Proactively develops and implements new nursing policies and procedures.
25. Responsible for all nursing state and federal regulatory requirements as well as being instrumental in maintaining compliance in all levels of regulatory standards.
26. Infection Control Coordinator.
27. Reviews, analyzes and assists with resident care as needed.
28. Actively participates in the Corporate Compliance Program and Risk Management.
29. Review hospital referrals and provide assessments for potential admissions as needed.
30. Provide assistance to the team during audits and record requests from government agencies, vendors, families, and individuals.
31. Maintains a safe environment for residents, clients, employees, and visitors throughout the organization. Takes immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e. wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to appropriate person immediately, removes broken equipment from service. Uses equipment and supplies in accordance with LSM/NJ’s policies and procedures.
32. Practices Standard Precautions; practices the safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and supplies and enforces staff compliance.
33. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
34. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
35. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
36. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
37. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelors Degree in Nursing
Masters Degree in HCA/Nursing preferred
Nursing License in NJ required
Skill(s): Strong clinical assessment skills, time management; excellent verbal and written communication, active listening, and visual skills. Ability to teach and train.
Experience: Three to five years experience as an RN in a Skilled Nursing facility or healthcare facility; one to two years experience as a Director of Nursing in a Long Term Care facility preferred. Experience with and strong knowledge of MDS process and reimbursement procedures.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.