The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Nursing!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Functions as acting Director of Nursing in her/his absence. Provides assistance in the functioning of the Nursing Department. Assists and supports translation of the nursing philosophy by participating in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Actively participates in orientation programming.
- Performs other assigned administrative duties such as on call supervision as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Functions as the Employee Health Nurse ensuring that policy and procedures are met and annual health assessments are completed timely.
- Completes daily rounds for the purpose of supervision of nursing practices and their compliance.
- Provides to DON any and all reports requested pertaining to infection control, employee health, orientation, sanitation and risk management.
- Assures that the facility is in compliance with CDC, OSHA and local regulations concerning infection control, maintaining proper protocol and policy for exposure testing.
- Actively demonstrates knowledge in safety policies and ergonomics.
- Communicates with DON to attain goals of facility. Maintain and update departmental policy and procedure review.
- Oversees staffing of the Nursing Department and controls agency costs.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by DON. Attends all meetings or programs as directed by DON.
- Alerts DON to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by DON.
- Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily or as directed by the DON.
- Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the DON.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
Experience: Three years long term care experience with one year management/supervisory experience.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.